BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi Folks,

We have two server (exactly same configuration), one for test and one for production. When SAS was installed, because the licence as exactly the same, was used the same depot to install.

Now, we tried to applied the SID file in our test environment, but an error appears saying the order number is different. There is any way to update the order number in metadata to applied to correct SID file?

Regards, 

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

In my experience most SAS server licences include the server name. Does the server name you are applying the licence on match the with the one in the licence? Can you post the exact error message?

SAS Tech Support is in the best position to fix these types of problems. 

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @SASKiwi,

As I mentioned, the test environment was installed used the depot sent for the production environment. Both environment has exactly the same configuration, only the name of the server changes.

On test environment, we applied the new SID file for this environment using "Renew SAS Software" option from SASDeploymentManager without any error. After that, we tried to update SID File in metadata, using the SID file for test environment, through "Update SID File in Metadata" option in SASDeploymentManager. When we select the SID file for test environment, a messages appear saying the SID file is invalid because the order number is different.

My question is, there is any way to update the order number used for Metatada Server? Under /SASHOME/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/order_data there is a folder with order number. Inside it, there is a file called "order.xml". If I update this folder name and order.xml file, correct the problem?

Regards,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@MariaD - Sorry, I have no idea if that will fix your problem. I suggest you consult SAS Tech Support before trying anything.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation