BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rkw
Fluorite | Level 6 rkw
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello!

I have tried five or six times now to install the 379.9MB update the SAS Information Center is telling me about. I have used a second, "clean" browser that has no extensions or history (IE). I have erased the cookies and files from my normal browser (Chrome). I have rebooted. Each time, I receive this message: 

The update process has failed. To verify that your download is valid, click Try Again.

When I click Try Again, I receive an error page: This page isn't working. localhost didn't send any data. 

After my fourth attempt to download, I decided to just download the .ova (2.43 GB). I could not find a version number on the download site. I imported it into VMBox. SAS *still* wants me to update, so apparently the "latest" .ova on the SAS site is not up to date. When I tried PROC SETINIT, it said I was on version 2.6, 9M45 or similar. When I tried PROC PRODUCT_STATUS, it said version 3.7. The SAS announcements page (I forget where this is) says version 3.1 but gives a base number equivalent to the 9M45 (I may be remembering the base number incorrectly).

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I am frustrated and may also get shot by my PI.

Thanks,

Regina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rkw
Fluorite | Level 6 rkw
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all, and thanks Reeza. I figured out the problems today. First, my cloud backup service was engaging some of the local files, preventing the update. Second, files from old appliances were conflicting with a fresh install. I excluded VM/SAS files from the backup and deleted the old appliance files. I was then able to import the .ova I'd downloaded and then complete the update successfully.

R

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

@rkw wrote:

I am frustrated and may also get shot by my PI.

Your PI should provide a full installation of SAS, you shouldn't be using SAS UE for published research. You can and it fits in the guidelines but it's kind of working with one hand tied behind your back because of the other limitations and workarounds required. 

Most Unis offer a full version for $50-$100. Throughout my degree my supervisors always provided the software and tools needed.

I would start from scratch, delete Oracle VirtualBox and everything and reinstall. I don't recall requiring an update after the last installation. And you can usually just skip it anyways, click the Start and it should let you start.

Or use the cloud version, SAS Academics on Demand - it's hosted in NC. 

Or there's a version on AWS but it will cost you a bit. 

rkw
Fluorite | Level 6 rkw
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all, and thanks Reeza. I figured out the problems today. First, my cloud backup service was engaging some of the local files, preventing the update. Second, files from old appliances were conflicting with a fresh install. I excluded VM/SAS files from the backup and deleted the old appliance files. I was then able to import the .ova I'd downloaded and then complete the update successfully.

R

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation