BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RustavDhara
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi ,

when I am checking from the Azure VM itself all SAS Services are up and running in the server. but I cannot connect to the services using the web urls . What could be the issue ? any views would be great. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @RustavDhara ,

if the services are UP, perhaps you would like to check your networking status (eg, firewalls). 

This seems to me as an infrastructure issue, not a SAS one. You could try to take SAS out of the equation and try pings and telnets.

Best regards,

Juan

RustavDhara
Fluorite | Level 6

Hey @JuanS_OCS  thanks for the reply .

It seems that the VM could not ping itself on its public IP. 

RustavDhara_0-1616674487507.png

but it can ping localhost 

RustavDhara_1-1616674540836.png

I am confused here .

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RustavDhara ,

I would be concerned if the machine could not ping to itself on localhost/127.0.0.1 

I think you need to reach out for infrastructure support from your Azure provider, and ask them to find out the issue in the firewalls and VLAN configurations.

As indicated earlier, this issue is non SAS related. It is normal that you are confused and we can help little from here.

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 2 in conversation