BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
amorts
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

New to SAS and this forum. I need to get up to speed on SAS DI from home.

Is there a trial edition or evaluation version designed to run locally so I can run through some demos and get used to the functionality at all?

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisBrooks
Ammonite | Level 13

I'm sorry but I don't believe there is a free version of DI Studio for learning

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I can verify that.
So you have access to it in your work place?
Data never sleeps
amorts
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks both, that is a shame.

I will have access to it in the workplace although I won't be in the office for about two weeks so was trying to get ahead of the game by picking it up before then while I had some time.

Reeza
Super User

If you're not familiar with SAS at all, using SAS UE to get familiar with BASE SAS programming will still be helpful. 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Agree with @Reeza, It's hard to fully adopt DI Studio without having a notion of the underlying SAS capabilities.

So UE, or perhaps access to your company SAS test environment, and then the free online SAS Programming training.

Then, again, you could install DI Studio client on you home computer, and use it, given that you are allowed through your company's fire wall, using VPN or similar. If your employer can see the benefit of building your SAS competence, they could perhaps help you with the necessary environmental issues.

Data never sleeps
amorts
Calcite | Level 5
Great. All sounds like sensible advice. I will follow your approach and get familiar with the UE so the transition is easier when I get access to DI
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Does your company allow remote access to its systems? In my experience many do provide this to allow for flexible working practices and for Business Continuity Plans. My company does, so I can just remote in from home (or any other computer with internet access) to access SAS. If yours does to you could still use SAS from home.

Reeza
Super User

I'm guessing @amorts is likely starting a new position and doesn't have access to the system yet, just a guess though 😉

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation