BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MoatazDeiab
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All

Every time I try to install SAS 9.3 on Windows 8.1 (64-bit), I get error message at Base SAS (64-bit, English): NLS: Extension Load Error.

Your support is too much appreciated.

Picture1.png

7 REPLIES 7
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

On wat kind of system (language settings) Windows you are installing?

---->-- ja karman --<-----
MoatazDeiab
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Jaap

I am using English(United States) + Home Location is United States and English (United States) as Current System Locale.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Ok,  It should be possible you are not the first I have seen more threads on this (Also SASkiwi involved often).

SAS 9.3 Installation Instructions | Information Technology Services (iowa university)

The next thing is java. The installation process is running using java. That normally starts a present on the CD.

When switching to the products and base, you are adding java to those. That could be problematic as there are many versions of java arround (32/64 bit). The default is replacing or using the java version on your machine-browser Check that line.....    

---->-- ja karman --<-----
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Is your SAS 9.3 on the minimum maintenance level or higher?

http://support.sas.com/supportos/list

Sandhu
Calcite | Level 5

Dear

I am also facing the same problem. Did you find the solution and could able to install on window 8.1 (64 bits) after adressing the problem of NLS: extension load error?

Regards

AndrewHowell

Moataz, Sandhu - presumably you obtained the installation media from your local SAS offices. What does their tech support suggest?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation