BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TedShelly
Calcite | Level 5

I want to study for the Advanced Programmer certification and was pleased to see the announcement about the free download.

I went through the steps described but when I got to the actual download I got this message:

"Oops! Your profile does not have permission to complete this download."

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks,

TedShelly

9 REPLIES 9
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

This previous forum posting indicates that this was a problem last weekend and it looks like the fix was to try again.

https://communities.sas.com/message/222490 But if the message persists, then perhaps the problem is back and your best bet for help is to open a track with Tech Support.

cynthia

TedShelly
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you.  I was able to download the package today.

Now reading through the installation guide...

lynnj47
Calcite | Level 5

I see you were able to download today, the 16th, but it has failed twice for me today.  Not having a site number, makes it impossible to open a track with Tech Support so I guess I'll wait through another two hours of download - attempt.

Reeza
Super User

Customer support is available via analyticsu@sas.com or SASAnalyticsU@sas.com not sure which is the correct address.

Telionis
Calcite | Level 5

I got the same error with Firefox but strangely enough it seems to work with Internet Explorer. Perhaps a browser issue!?! Not sure how that would affect profile permissions, but I'm downloading the .ova file now.

rmack350
Calcite | Level 5

Chrome (for example) doesn't see the .ova file as a downloadable object, so it tries to open it in a window. SAS then counts this as a successful download.

The simplest thing would be for SAS to wrap these in zip files.

It's basically bad implementation on SAS' part. They may have only tested this on one older browser.

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Works for me in Chrome 70 under Windows 10.

rmack350
Calcite | Level 5

Hmm. That's exactly where it failed for me. Chrome just tries to load the ova file in the browser window. I eventually got this to work in Internet Explorer (not Edge).

JackHamilton
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Perhaps your Windows file association for .ova files has gotten messed up. Or perhaps mine has.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 7 in conversation