BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
chiangjx
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I have SAS 9.3 running with SAS Java 32bit running on a 64bit Windows 2008 R2 server. I have certain programs set to autorun based on Windows' nested task scheduler software.

My question is, can I install an ETL/ELT software (Talend) which relies on Java 64 bit (java jre10 64bit will need to be installed too) without interfering with the SAS 9.3 processes I already have running?

My intention is to use Talend to build and link better auto-triggers to run those SAS 9.3 programs, which I'm guessing will rely on the SAS provided Java.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

This will be fine. You will just need to ensure the installation of Java that is being used by the SAS software stays in the same place it will be fine.

The sassw.config inside the SASHome points most of the client software to where Java is found. For SAS Foundation there is some directives in the sasv9.cfg that point it to where to load the jvm libraries from.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SimonDawson
SAS Employee

This will be fine. You will just need to ensure the installation of Java that is being used by the SAS software stays in the same place it will be fine.

The sassw.config inside the SASHome points most of the client software to where Java is found. For SAS Foundation there is some directives in the sasv9.cfg that point it to where to load the jvm libraries from.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation