BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Two part question regarding installing 9.4 EBI on a demo server that already has 9.3 EBI running. And I need to keep 9.3 up and running for a while.

Part 1.

I need to change from the default port numbers for 9.4 since many of them are the same as in 9.3. Does anyone have any suggestions or Best Practices for assigning the port numbers to use. I know of one case where someone just added an extra 2 in front of the port numbers. So, for example, 5861 became 25861.

Part 2.

The server is also running IIS on Port 80 and so that port is not available for the new embedded SAS web/mid-tier server in 9.4. In addition, 8080 is not an option for two reasons: 8080 is used by JBoss in 9.3; 8080 is also used in 9.4 for something else (which I need to change as part of my Part 1 question anyway).

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

-don h

3 REPLIES 3
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Don,

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide The Lev1 change to Lev2  indication is many times done with the last digital number.

Using a single number for Lev- you could define 10 segregated configurations (installations).  A lot of the default numbering of SAS ports is ending on a 1.

You could do a search on 8562 on the SAS-site getting those hits.

As you have noticed some pooled ranges and default ports are needing a change to accomplish that 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
DonH
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Good suggestion Jaap about adding 1. I will compare to the SAS 9.3 Designating Ports and Multicast Addresses to see which ones conflict (some won't as they are new in 9.4) and use your add 1 suggestion. And it looks like for the ones that require a range I can just add 1, 2, and so on to the largest one.

And WRT not being able to use 80 for the embedded mid-tier, I was advised against using 81. A Google search of alternatives for IIS suggested 88 or 8888. While I can't change IIS, I am thinking one of those (probably 88) would be a good option.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

In the linked document I give you will find the lev- proposal 8080 8180 8280 (java container).
That is leaving the default port 80 with an issue. Those low numbers should be avoided as they have common guidelines associated. Choose wisely

You need an additional port for an additional other version webserver. As it is the same the same IIS possible other approaches are possible.   

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation