BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
bsas94
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi experts,

I would like to know if it is possible to adjust memory usage or any other settings related to performance when it comes to Batch Tools for metadata management?

The thing is that I am deleting objects using this tool and I am noticing that it takes some time to perform the deletion.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bsas94,

all the tools are java based, therefore the only things you might want to fine tune are the JVM memory settings as Xmx and so. Probably, there is also some limits that are best not to overpass, but feel free to play with them on the .ini files.

If you cannot get the information you need, my best recommendation for you would be to open a ticket at SAS Technical Support.

If you get any interesting answer please let us know, it can be useful for other users! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bsas94,

all the tools are java based, therefore the only things you might want to fine tune are the JVM memory settings as Xmx and so. Probably, there is also some limits that are best not to overpass, but feel free to play with them on the .ini files.

If you cannot get the information you need, my best recommendation for you would be to open a ticket at SAS Technical Support.

If you get any interesting answer please let us know, it can be useful for other users! 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation