BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Yura2301
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

Here is small description of problem:

I tried to export big flow with a lot of src/trg tables from one environment to another.

Folder structure same on both servers.

Initially I tried to do it usual way - create spk manually from DI studio,by check-in needed ETLs and related src/trg tables. But obviously all that process takes time and very easy accidentially lost something , due there are really a lot of Jobs and related tables to the flow.

So I find info that SAS provides "Batch Export Tool" that can automate similar process.

So what I already did:

I created small  macro with proc metadata, xmlmaps/xpath syntax, and that macro by flow name extract from metadata list of flows ETLs and targte source tables , soon will finish code that will also add pathes(folders) to that meta-objects.

Then I tried to make spk not manually ,but using simple batch export tool syntax , smth. like that:

ExportPackage

-profile "profName"

-package "c:\Documents and Settings\...\test.spk"

-objects "/sasproject/.../tablename1(Table)" "/sasproject/.../tablename2(Table)"

-types Table –excludeSubTypes

-log "c:\Documents and Settings\...\test_log.log"

And that command executes ok from command line, spk package creates normally and contains metadata for needed 2 tables(tablename1 and tablename2),BUT, after I tried import that package to be sure all is ok with it - I mentioned that folders structure lost, only root folder stais(sasproject).

It's not acceptbale for me, due target spk will contains a lot of tables/jobs from different meta pathes.

So I suppose should be some option that will "save" pathes to meatobjects in target spk packages. I tries subprop option, but it doesn't help...

Whould be appriciate for any help!

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Yura2301
Quartz | Level 8

Small addition:
Partly solved the issue by adding folders ,except root, to the command line,like that:

ExportPackage

-profile "profName"

-package "c:\Documents and Settings\...\test.spk"

-types Folder -excludeSubTypes

-objects "/folder1(Folder)"

-objects "/folder1/folder2(Folder)"

"/sasproject/.../tablename2(Table)"

-objects "/sasproject/.../tablename1(Table)" "/sasproject/.../tablename2(Table)"

-types Table –excludeSubTypes

-log "c:\Documents and Settings\...\test_log.log"

Thats partly solved the issue but require from me to make additional code, that will parse fill path and put -object command for each folder connected to each job/table.Suppose should be some more clever solution, more quick and reliable. Maybe some option or smth. like that.

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 1 in conversation