BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

I have an existing SAS VA 9.4 environment, we have to take the backup of this environment and reinstall it due to some reason.
I have Exported the SAS folders and copied the SAS config file.

1. How to take the backup of existing libraries?

2. Do I need to create the same server and libraries again on SMC after the new installation? 

3. Do I need to take back up of any other folder?

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning here. The usual reason for taking backups is to be able to restore the servers back to the point in time that the chosen backup was done.

Re-installing does not require backups as you are repeating the SAS install process from a SAS software depot.

If you simply want to rebuild your SAS servers from scratch, then a complete system restore for all server storage should do what you want.

Perhaps you could explain your use case in more detail we would be able to provide more guidance.

jmehul
Quartz | Level 8

@SASKiwi ,

We want to replicate the SAS 9.4 environment and wanted to shift our all resources to the new server.
Yes, it's a new installation but we want to migrate all the resources. 

How to export users and Libraries which we have created in the SMC.
How to load the tables on the new Lasr Server which are uploaded on the old SAS Lasr server. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@jmehul Ah so you are doing a migration...A good place to start is the SAS Migration Focus Area: http://support.sas.com/rnd/migration/

I suggest you explore that in some detail if you haven't already then follow up with more detailed questions.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation