BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I just wondered how straightforward it would be to automate the rebuilding and redeployment of web apps on the mid-tier? This has to happen following the application of hotfixes, but (in my experience) takes a long time to do. It would be good to be able to script the procedures to run out of hours so that users aren't unduly affected. I know Deployment Manager can be run with command line options to automate certain operations such as applying hotfixes.

Just as background, our servers are Windows 2012R2 (soon to upgrade to 2019 hopefully), and we have SAS 9.4M7 with VA and SAS Studio mid-tier. Powershell could be my friend here!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Never tried it, but if it is possible to record the both steps (separately), using quiet play back should be possible, too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Never tried it, but if it is possible to record the both steps (separately), using quiet play back should be possible, too.

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks, you could be right. I'd always assumed the record option only worked with install/uninstall/hotfixes but I've been able to create response files for rebuilds and redeployments. It contains sasadm credentials (with an encoded password) and specifies the web apps as metadata object IDs. So I reckon they should actually work. Will have to have a wee think about it. Not something to do at a whim.

PierreDupuisD
Fluorite | Level 6

Record and play response files work very well.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation