BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

Are there any special nuances to upgrade in place deployment SAS 9.4TS1M2 to M7 that has SSL. I read somewhere that I had to revert the web apps, is that correct, note there is no customization in the web server or web app server. Please advise

Thank you in advance

Thanks,
Asif

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you did not configure SSL/TLS during the initial deployment you would need to revert those changes prior to performing the update and then perform them again. This is described here:

Middle Tier Administration Guide - Configure SAS Web Server Manually for HTTPS - Reconfigure to Use HTTPS
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/n0nakjyj6hlqmvn11p9p04l25j9n.htm

and here:

Middle Tier Administration Guide - Configure SAS Web Application Server for HTTPS - Reconfigure to Use HTTPS
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/n1enfdk7f1fjcqn1ggbrx79lm9i0.htm#n022bggyxa...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you @gwootton for the update. 

I think you're trying say if we did configure SSL/TLS during initial deployment? Right? Please confirm

Thanks,
Asif

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you configured SSL/TLS during initial deployment then you should not need to revert as they were not "manual" changes. This would be if you deployed initially without setting up TLS and then set it up manually after deployment.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation