BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sa_spartan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello SAS Communities may I know if we can zipped temporarily the SAS Metadata backup located on <SASCONFIG>SASMeta/MetadataServer/Backups cause they want to retain the backups for 30 days but its eating up the space on the disk.

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sa_spartan ,

it is possible to zip and move any file. Just mind the fact that, by doing that, you will create discrepancies between SMC and the actual metadata backups.

I would like to encourage you, in this case, to either increase disk storage, configure the metadata backups to another storage with enough capacity for your retention requirements, or to reduce the retention time of 30 days to a lower number.

Please mind that your regular storage backups will still backup your metadata backups and you can still restore from there, but it might not be as simple as the restore through SMC.

sa_spartan
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi @JuanS_OCS ,

Got it. I think the better thing is to reduce the Metadata Backup retention since our environment also have everyday snapshot.

THank you.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@sa_spartan , glad you found your answer, it makes sense to me 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation