BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gladis6680
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi I had a quick question. I have the Analytics Pro-Desktop. I was wondering what "Access to PC Files" does?

Thanks,

Gladis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Basically, yes. There are some ways to export to Excel without this but they're all pretty painful.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

The documentation answer:

You can use SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files to read data from PC files for use in SAS reports or applications. You can use SAS data sets to create PC files in various formats. SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files includes accessing data in Microsoft Access database files and Microsoft Excel workbook files as well as in other PC file formats.

Basically, you need it to work with Excel files especially things like Access files or if you're using Excel as a 32 bit version and SAS 64 bit version.

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/acpcref/n1wqgr4en68w78n1lzzhwqdb6m3y.htm#:~:t....

Are you looking for information beyond this?

Gladis6680
Obsidian | Level 7

Oh I see does it mean I can import files from eg excel and export files to excel.

Thanks,

Reeza
Super User
Basically, yes. There are some ways to export to Excel without this but they're all pretty painful.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation