BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello - I have two environments, Dev and Prod.  Dev combined of two servers and Prod 4 separated servers.  Recently received the license updates and have gone through the process and applied them into our Dev environment and it was updated.

Had three files, two for OA and one for VA.  I have four servers, OA, VA, MD and MT.  So went through the same process and used the "Renew SAS Software 9.4" as Admin and renewed on all of four servers.  Then went through another process "Steps for the SID File Update in Metadata" and used SAS Deployment Manager to update the metadata too. 

Now, from Management Console by right clicking on Metadata Utilities and select View metadata setini detail, I can see all of my product expiration dates have changed correctly.  But when I use Enterprise Guide PROC SETINIT; RUN; then I get the following message [Error] The requested function was not performed due to an invalid or expired product license. 

I am wondering if I shouldn't run the "Renew SAS Software 9.4" on both MD and MT server.  Any info/help is much appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What application server are you connecting to with Enterprise Guide? It is that server that requires a licence. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What application server are you connecting to with Enterprise Guide? It is that server that requires a licence. 

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

thank you @SASKiwi for your reply.  The EG connects to Metadata server.  I have also noticed all of my three new license update files are located (on Metadata, Office Analytics and VA server but not in my Middle Tier server) on \SAS\SASHome\licenses\ folder.  

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Update: from EG with-in Dev environment under "Selected Server:" when I select OA or VA server and run the Proc setinit; run; it runs with success and I can see all my new license are up-to-date until end of next year 2018.  In Prod environment when I select the VA server it work ONLY when I select OA server is when I get the error message.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

I went through the update process again and shutdown and restarted all of the services in order.  For some reason it is working now.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation