BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

Dear All,

We are not able to authenticate local server users after defining SAS AD Integration primpd option.

Regards,

Kaushal

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@kaushalsolanki,

If you are talking about Direct LDAP Authentication on the metadata server, that's correct, you have to use this user ID format:

user-ID@host

It this case the metadata server sends the credentials to its host.

kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

@alexal,

Thank you for the reply.

We tried with user-id@host but still it is going to AD only for user credential validation.

For reference SASV9_usermods.cfg parameters are as mention below.

-set AD_HOST example.ad

-set AD_PORT 389

-authpd ADIR:example.ad

-primpd  example.ad

Regards,

Kaushal

alexal
SAS Employee

@kaushalsolanki,

I would like to review what happens in the metadata log when you use user-ID@host.

kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

@alexal,

Have checked the Metadata logs when i am trying user-ID@host, it is giving me warning as given below.

"New client connection rejected from server port 8562 for user sas@host for APPNAME=SAS Management Console"

Regards,

Kaushal 

alexal
SAS Employee

@kaushalsolanki,

Please increase debug level for Audit.Authentication by adding this to /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/SASMeta/MetadataServer/logconfig.xml:

<logger name="Audit.Authentication">
<level value="Trace"/>
</logger>

Restart the metadata server, repeat the problem and show me the log file.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation