BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

We also want to transfer sas logs to another location so that another user can get the read access on that.

Can you please help us where we have to make change so that new logs will also copy to another location at the time of running batch job?

We want to copy these system logs : 

Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs
Lev1/ObjectSpawner/Logs
Lev1/SASApp/OLAPServer/Logs
Lev1/SASTS/TableServer/Logs
Lev1/Web/Logs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @japsas100 

AFAIK, these paths are configured during the initial installation phase where you can redirect them to a different path. However I think there is a logconfig.xml file which is referred for all the logging properties. You can try to change the path in this file for the property value. Example below:

<rollingPolicy class="TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
         <param name="FileNamePattern" value="/sasconfig/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs/SASMeta_MetadataServer_%d_%S{hostname}_%S{pid}.log"/>
      </rollingPolicy>

Kindly note change to this property will redirect all the logs to the new location and my restart spawner or service restart. Do take backup of the existing file before making any change.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are going to go to all this trouble for just one user, you might as well do it for all log users. Fortunately there is a tool you can download to "sweep up your SAS server logs": Sweep up my SAS logs 

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @japsas100 

AFAIK, these paths are configured during the initial installation phase where you can redirect them to a different path. However I think there is a logconfig.xml file which is referred for all the logging properties. You can try to change the path in this file for the property value. Example below:

<rollingPolicy class="TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
         <param name="FileNamePattern" value="/sasconfig/Lev1/SASMeta/MetadataServer/Logs/SASMeta_MetadataServer_%d_%S{hostname}_%S{pid}.log"/>
      </rollingPolicy>

Kindly note change to this property will redirect all the logs to the new location and my restart spawner or service restart. Do take backup of the existing file before making any change.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation