BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

We're using Environment Manager 2.5 with SAS 9.4 M5. I've set up a number of alerts (mainly for available disk space). However, when I select an alert which has been triggered, I can't acknowledge it. I'm able to set it to Fixed. See below from the Dashboard, with the Acknowledge button greyed out. Is this something I have to configure in the alerts somewhere? I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

alert.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The ACKNOWLEDGE button comes into play when you have an alert definition which involves an escalation scheme.  For information on creating alerts, including escalation schemes, consult:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p18n3hxpsz255zn1432pf...

Note that if you have an escalation scheme in place for an alert, an icon will appear in the "Ack" column next to it, in addition to the ACKNOWLEDGE button being enabled when you've selected one or more such alerts.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

The ACKNOWLEDGE button comes into play when you have an alert definition which involves an escalation scheme.  For information on creating alerts, including escalation schemes, consult:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/69029/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p18n3hxpsz255zn1432pf...

Note that if you have an escalation scheme in place for an alert, an icon will appear in the "Ack" column next to it, in addition to the ACKNOWLEDGE button being enabled when you've selected one or more such alerts.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks Mark, that's helpful.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation