BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kmcnulty1
Fluorite | Level 6

I am not licensed to SAS/Graph which is needed to use the report centre for SAS Environment Manager. I was trying to find an alternate way to summarize the data. I was trying to view the datamart for SAS Environment Manager but only have permission to view the Availability table. I tried sasevs but it won't work. Is there a way to view the ACM, APM, ARM tables without the report centre?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @kmcnulty1 ,

you will need a non-SAS-internal user (host user or Active Directory/LDAP user), registered in the SAS metadata for this purpose. Once you have it, your SAS Administrator has to grant you the required Read permissions (and ReadMetadata) at the SAS Metadata level, if you will work only with tables loaded into LASR memory, or also Operating System permissions (Windows/Linux) if you will work with the physical SAS datasets generated by APM/ACM.

This being said, once you have this, you will be able to work with those tables from SAS EG, SAS DI, SAS Studio, any SAS client as long as you will log in with the user with the right permissions.

In any case:

- Are you sure-sure you don't have SAS/Graph license? Check details with "proc setinit; run;"

- If you really don't have SAS/Graph, you can operate with the data of the datasets, but you won't be able to generate graphics (such as proc sgplot). If you plan to generate graphs, please align with SAS to get the right licenses.

Best regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @kmcnulty1 ,

you will need a non-SAS-internal user (host user or Active Directory/LDAP user), registered in the SAS metadata for this purpose. Once you have it, your SAS Administrator has to grant you the required Read permissions (and ReadMetadata) at the SAS Metadata level, if you will work only with tables loaded into LASR memory, or also Operating System permissions (Windows/Linux) if you will work with the physical SAS datasets generated by APM/ACM.

This being said, once you have this, you will be able to work with those tables from SAS EG, SAS DI, SAS Studio, any SAS client as long as you will log in with the user with the right permissions.

In any case:

- Are you sure-sure you don't have SAS/Graph license? Check details with "proc setinit; run;"

- If you really don't have SAS/Graph, you can operate with the data of the datasets, but you won't be able to generate graphics (such as proc sgplot). If you plan to generate graphs, please align with SAS to get the right licenses.

Best regards,

Juan

jjwarr3
Fluorite | Level 6

RE: "- Are you sure-sure you don't have SAS/Graph license? Check details with "proc setinit; run;" from Juan's post...

Also, have you done a "proc product_status; run;" to help see what you have installed (from what you have licensed)?

kmcnulty1
Fluorite | Level 6

I am sure. I opened a track to confirm and spoke to our account exec. We definitely don't have it. It's a DIS package that just doesn't include it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation