BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bryant
Calcite | Level 5

I recently upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4. I have received the following error on startup:

ERROR: The ODS initializer failed to instantiate during SAS startup.
ERROR: Exception text: C:\ProgramFiles\SASHome\SASPrivateJavaRuntimeEnvironment\9.4\jre\bin\fontmanager.dll: Can't find
       dependent libraries

When I ran the following:

libname THESIS 'C:\Users\....\data\';

PROC IMPORT 
DATAFILE= "C:\Users\...\xxx.xlsx"
OUT= Thesis.xxxxx
DBMS=EXCEL REPLACE ;
run;

I received the following error:

ERROR: Connect: Class not registered
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I attempted to install the PC File Server, but there is an error in the deployment regarding the Java Runtime.
I followed the SAS Private JRE download/hot fix instructions for my version. The SAS deployment manager does not does not find the hot fix.
1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @bryant,

I have seen that before, you might need to run the Post_installation steps from the SAS Deployment Wizard in your depot. 

If this does not help, you might need to open a ticket with SAS Technical Support.

BTW if the SDM cannot fin the hotfix, or it is either because you need to select its location, or it is not in the right version for your installation, or it is already installed in your system

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation