BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
kla23
Fluorite | Level 6

I recently installed SAS 9.4 on my windows 10 pc (installed with admin privileges).  After installation when I double-click to invoke SAS, I get the following 3 errors in my LOG window.  I initially installed 9.4 TS1M4.  Then I uninstalled and reinstalled 9.4 TS1M7 and get the same errors in the LOG.  

I tried the fix in the following USAGE note:    https://support.sas.com/kb/65/191.html

And the errors do NOT appear when I invoke as an Administrator.  However, when I close SAS and then restart it normally (without administrator), the errors appear again.

ERROR: Java repository file(s) are missing or inaccessible.

ERROR: Unable to initialize the ODS classpath during SAS startup.

ERROR: Exception text: For one or more plug-in requests, no matching Plug-ins were found in repository

NOTE: Copyright (c) 2002-2012 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.

NOTE: SAS (r) Proprietary Software 9.4 (TS1M4)

NOTE: This session is executing on the W32_10PRO  platform.

NOTE: Updated analytical products:

SAS/STAT 14.2

SAS/IML 14.2

NOTE: Additional host information:

W32_10PRO WIN 10.0.18362  Workstation

NOTE: SAS initialization used:

real time           6.14 seconds

cpu time            1.89 seconds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kla23
Fluorite | Level 6

After much back-n-forth with SAS Tech Support, we found the solution:

I had to navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SASHome\SASVersionedJarRepository\eclipse

and see if there was a copy of the com.sas.app.launcher.cacheFile file

There was a copy of this cacheFile in that folder (from my first install of SAS 9.4), so I deleted that. 

Then when I double-clicked on SAS icon to invoke application, SAS opened and the errors in the LOG window no longer appeared!

SAS explained they've only seen this come up once before, so not a common issue. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You are getting start messages for SAS 9.4M4 when you say you uninstalled it. That suggests the uninstall was not successful. What short cut are you selecting to start SAS? You might want to try identifying your SAS 9.4M7 sas.exe file and double-clicking on that.

kla23
Fluorite | Level 6
I only pasted the LOG from my attempt after installing the 9.4M4. I get the same errors in the LOG after I uninstalled M4 and installed M7.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you track your problem to SAS Tech Support as they are in the best position to help diagnose the cause.

kla23
Fluorite | Level 6

After much back-n-forth with SAS Tech Support, we found the solution:

I had to navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SASHome\SASVersionedJarRepository\eclipse

and see if there was a copy of the com.sas.app.launcher.cacheFile file

There was a copy of this cacheFile in that folder (from my first install of SAS 9.4), so I deleted that. 

Then when I double-clicked on SAS icon to invoke application, SAS opened and the errors in the LOG window no longer appeared!

SAS explained they've only seen this come up once before, so not a common issue. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation