BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

SAS Bowl XXXIV, SAS Explore 2023 Highlights

SAS Bowl 34 banner.png

I guess we technically had SAS Bowl XXXIV AT SAS Explore. However, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Despite a cyber-security attack at the venue, the conference was a resounding success. While we did have fun, the focus was on software, solving problems, and networking. While all this is still in our recent memory, for this edition of the SAS Bowl, we'll take a look back at SAS Explore 2023.

Game Details

• The SAS Support Community trivia event, SAS Bowl XXXIV, SAS Explore 2023 Highlights is scheduled for Wednesday, October 18, at 10 a.m. ET.
  • Register for the event and receive an invite to a Microsoft Teams meeting and a calendar event.
  • On game day, join the Teams meeting and access the game here.

More on SAS Explore 2023

We did it! As promised, we had four days, thousands of technology peers, 100+ sessions, training, awesome keynotes, and 45 booths in the Innovation Hub. SAS also announced many new initiatives, such as SAS Viya Workbench, SAS App Factory, Enterprise Guide for SAS Viya, continued development and support for SAS9, and advances in generative AI.

For the trivia event, we'll focus on SAS Explore 2023 highlights. Here are a few resources to browse to get familiar with what transpired during SAS Explore as well as a few summaries on announcements:

We're still gathering and organizing things from SAS Explore. Please check back as we WILL add to this list.

SAS Bowl and event details

For those who may be new to the SAS Bowl, you can find game history and specifics in this Community memo. There you'll also find links to previous events, which include recordings.

Register for the event and receive an invite with game details and a Teams meeting link. On game day, Join the TEAMS meeting to play, and show off your SAS and worldly knowledge while competing for bragging rights and SAS Community game gear.

Organizer
joeFurbee
Community Manager
Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 10:00 AM EDT
End:
Wed, Oct 18, 2023 10:30 AM EDT
5 Comments
WhitneyWilson
SAS Employee

SAS Trivia Bowl's are always so much fun. Thank you for continuing these for our #SASUsers! 

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

It sure was a fun and entertaining trivia event. Loved the SAS Explore recap with a pronunciation discussion of SUGI and learning new facts too. Thanks @joeFurbee@thiago and @ChrisHemedinger for organising another wonderful SAS Bowl. I look forward to SAS Bowl XXXV!!!

My post on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7120418195584253953/

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
vfarmak
Quartz | Level 8

Very nice event! A recap of the SAS Explore event was made plus many small bits of general knowledge! Keep up the good work! Thank you SAS!

joeFurbee
Community Manager

This was a classic SAS Bowl. Thanks @thiago for hosting. I'm thinking of a theme for SAS Bowl XXXV as "My favorite PROC". Obviously data step, Proc SQL, and Proc FREQ will be there. But open for suggestions for others.

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXXVIII, SAS Programming: Getting Started
Wednesday, February 14, 2024, at 10 a.m. ET | #SASBowl

@joeFurbee I think Proc Tabulate to spice it up a little bit, in terms of data representation!