BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JM7
Calcite | Level 5 JM7
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Everyone,

I want to know how can I count the number of Events in SAS Event Stream Procesing (on SAS Viya), the definition of Event is:

An "Event" is defined as a (i) single data record comprising metadata and field data that is generated by an external system or asset (such as, but not limited to, a machine or sensor and (ii) a single record of data derived from the transformation of one or more Events by the Software through grouping, projection, pattern matching, or other methods to be taken into account in addition to the Event(s) from which the Event is derived turned.

Could someone help me?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ScottK
SAS Employee

If you want to track your event count in the ESP model, add a counter window to the model, and create an edge from your source window to the counter window. That will count events and give event rates flowing into the model. If long term persistent storage of event counts is required outside the model, then that is the task of the Event Stream Processing metering server. If the metering server is up and running in a Viya 4/K8 ESP installations, all ESP pods periodically talk to the metering server to persist event counts. The metering server can be queried using curl and its REST interface. 

Cheers,

Scott.

Whether you're already using SAS Event Stream Processing or thinking about it, this is where you can connect with your peers, ask questions and find resources.

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation