BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
srbotto
Calcite | Level 5

Hello. Is there a way to test for equality of coefficients in multilevel models (using SAS 9.3 or 9.4)? I have some multilevel (random effects) models that I am estimating with PROC MIXED and I would like to know if two coefficients are statistically different from one another.

If this was not a multlevel I would have something like the equation below and use the test option,

y=X1B1+X2B2+X3B3+e

proc reg data=temp1;

model zwfl=x1 x2 controllist;

t1: test x1=x2;

Is there a way to do this in a multilevel context? So after the following code?

proc mixed data=temp1;

class nbhid;

model zwfl=x1 x2 controllist/solution;

random intercept/sub=nbhid;

I would also like to do this after running a PROC GLIMMIX (similar situation with dichotomous outcome).

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

To matche the PROC REG example of testing x1=x2 

You would use a contrast statement that looks at x1-x2 to see if the result is not significantly different than zero.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel_Paul
Obsidian | Level 7

Hey,

are the statements CONTRAST and ESTIMATE what you are looking for?

Bye, 

Daniel 

srbotto
Calcite | Level 5

I thought that might be it, but aren't those more for predicted probabilities and not for testing the difference between estimated coefficients/effects?

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

To matche the PROC REG example of testing x1=x2 

You would use a contrast statement that looks at x1-x2 to see if the result is not significantly different than zero.

--
Paige Miller
srbotto
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you! I guess I hadn't quite understood the contrast statement.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation