BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
emaneman
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear all,

I am trying to plot the LSMEANS of two DVs, obtained from a PROC GLM.

The two DVs are on different scales, but i would like to put them on the same graph, with the two yaxes representing the two DVs.

At present I managed to obtain the graph that I attach with the SGPLOT at the end of the syntax that I am sharing.

There are two issues with that, though.

1. I had to recreate a sas datafile with the ods output, to partially transpose the file to a wide format. It can probably be done with the transpose function, but I wonder whether there is a way to plot the two DVs in a manner similar to the attached graph, using the ods output directly, without transformations.

2. As you can see, the values for the two DVs, one in blue and one in red, overlap, making it difficult to read. Is there a way to move them slightly apart from each other?  

I attach the datafile as well.Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 16.43.55.png

proc glm data = replication2 ;
class Role;
model  RMET tom= Role ;
ods output LSMeanCL=be;
lsmeans role /cl;
run; quit;

proc print data=be;

data secondw;
infile datalines delimiter='	'; 
input Role$	RMLowerCL	RMLSMean	RMUpperCL	FBLowerCL	FBLSMean	FBUpperCL;
datalines;
Director	21.359966	23.037037	24.714108	0.252911	0.444444	0.635978
Matcher	21.521751	23.230769	24.939787	0.266357	0.461538	0.65672
Overhearer	24.137864	25.916667	27.695469	0.463515	0.666667	0.869818
;

proc sgplot data=secondw;
 scatter x=role y=FBlsmean/ yerrorlower=FBLowerCL yerrorupper=FBuppercl markerattrs=or (symbol=DiamondFilled size=8 color=red); 
 scatter x=role y=RMlsmean/ y2axis yerrorlower=RMlowercl yerrorupper=RMuppercl markerattrs=or (symbol=circlefilled size=12 color=blue); 
 xaxis  min=10 max=36 ;
   x2axis min=0 max=1;
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

For your question 2.)

You can use this option on the SCATTER statement :

DISCRETEOFFSET=numeric-value

specifies an amount to offset all markers from discrete X or Y values. Specify a value from -0.5 (left offset) to +0.5 (right offset).

Default 0.0 (no offset)
Requirement This option is applicable only when the X or Y axis is discrete.

Regards,

Koen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

For your question 2.)

You can use this option on the SCATTER statement :

DISCRETEOFFSET=numeric-value

specifies an amount to offset all markers from discrete X or Y values. Specify a value from -0.5 (left offset) to +0.5 (right offset).

Default 0.0 (no offset)
Requirement This option is applicable only when the X or Y axis is discrete.

Regards,

Koen

emaneman
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Koen, this works perfectly.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation