BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

I want to use an estimated effect size (like Cohen’s d) to do the sample size calculation.

To perform the sample size calculation using a range of effect sizes, for example, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5.

Could you please let me know what is the code for that? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I don't think anyone can provide code for you unless you first provide a lot more information about the actual problem. It seems since you are talking about Cohen's D that you are fitting some sort of model to some data. But please explain further the exact problem and the exact model you plan to fit.

In the meantime, please take a look at the PROC GLMPOWER documentation and see if it helps.

--
Paige Miller
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7
I found this way IN TH EGOOGLE USING PROCPOWER
TWOSAMPLEMEANS TEST=DIFF
MEANDIFF = 0.2 0.3 0.4 0.5
STDDEV = 1
POWER = 0.9
NTOTAL = .;
RUN;
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7
sorry, I was in a rush and didn't notice your explanation, Thank you for your answer, and for sure I will go through that and put the comment if face a problem.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation