BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prest
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello again, I have another question.

I am using SAS 9.4. I run a  regression procedure using proc surveyreg and output residuals and predicted values which I was interested in. Now I want to obtain a predicted value of my dependent variable at a specific value of my independent variable. I thought about running regression again this time using the predicted values as my dependent valuable and use the intercept and slope from the table to manually calculate it but I am not sure this works. I used proc gplot to plot predicted values vs independent variable but could not obtain regression equation. What is the best way of doing this?

proc surveyreg data=Project1.DII_Q;
strata kstrata;
cluster psu;
weight pooled_wt;
model DII = N_EN;
output out=Project1.DII_Adj predicted=DII_pred residual = DII_resid;
run;

proc gplot data=Project1.DII_Adj ;
plot DII_pred* N_EN/regeqn;
run;

1 REPLY 1
Prest
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello again, I have another question.

I am using SAS 9.4. I run a  regression procedure using proc surveyreg and output residuals and predicted values which I was interested in. Now I want to obtain a predicted value of my dependent variable at a specific value of my independent variable. I thought about running regression again this time using the predicted values as my dependent valuable and use the intercept and slope from the table to manually calculate it but I am not sure this works. I used proc gplot to plot predicted values vs independent variable but could not obtain regression equation. What is the best way of doing this?

proc surveyreg data=Project1.DII_Q;
strata kstrata;
cluster psu;
weight pooled_wt;
model DII = N_EN;
output out=Project1.DII_Adj predicted=DII_pred residual = DII_resid;
run;

proc gplot data=Project1.DII_Adj ;
plot DII_pred* N_EN/regeqn;
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation