BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lucascrosby
Calcite | Level 5

Having issues loading graphics. I appear to have a Java issue. My system administrator has informed me that Java is up to date on my system. Any solutions? Code errors below:

311  proc sgscatter data = Ragdata;
312      matrix MetSwingRatioDiff AvgResponseAccuracy AvgCleanedAsynchony BaseSwingRatio
312! CMSAAFFFoot;
313  run;

NOTE: PROCEDURE SGSCATTER used (Total process time):
      real time           1.24 seconds
      cpu time            0.10 seconds

NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: sashtml1.htm
ERROR: The Java proxy is not responding.
ERROR: The Java proxy's JNI call to start the VM failed.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or
       system administrator.
ERROR: Unable to load the Java Virtual Machine. Please see the installation instructions or
       system administrator.
       system administrator.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 22 observations read from the data set WORK.RAGDATA.

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@lucascrosby wrote:

Having issues loading graphics. I appear to have a Java issue. My system administrator has informed me that Java is up to date on my system. Any solutions? Code errors below:

311  proc sgscatter data = Ragdata;
312      matrix MetSwingRatioDiff AvgResponseAccuracy AvgCleanedAsynchony BaseSwingRatio
312! CMSAAFFFoot;
313  run;

NOTE: PROCEDURE SGSCATTER used (Total process time):
      real time           1.24 seconds
      cpu time            0.10 seconds

NOTE: Writing HTML Body file: sashtml1.htm
ERROR: The Java proxy is not responding.
ERROR: The Java proxy's JNI call to start the VM failed.
       system administrator.
       system administrator.
       system administrator.
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: There were 22 observations read from the data set WORK.RAGDATA.

"Up to date" does not mean "usable by SAS". When SAS is installed it includes the version that the procedures expect to use. The configuration information points specifically to that installation. If an update removes that Java installation then SAS doesn't have the files it expects and you will get those messages.

Likely solution is the reinstall the Java from SAS. Or if perhaps that JAVA was not installed with SAS then to install it.

lucascrosby
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks. I was able to correct the issue by downloading the correct version of JRE.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation