BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
yvon
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone ,

I have a database (n=3000 obs). C30Score01 is a my outcome variable (summary score of quality of lifeC30 going from 0 to 100) PA01=continuous Physical Activity and imc01=continuous bmi.

I would like to modelised trajectories of my « summary score of quality of lifeC30 » with  some independant variable (RISK) and also  dependant one (TCOV) over 4 time point.

1-      When  my « VAR » is continuous, without tcov parameter i can easily found some trajectories by changing the order according the chosen group. But once i add « TCOV » to my model, i have « ERROR: False convergence » no matter the order used. Do you have any advice to solve this issues??

When i use a binary version of the summary score of quality of lifeC30 i can found some trajectories by using TCOV and RISK parameter together.

proc traj data=base out=out outstat=os outplot=op outest=oe ;
var C30Score01-C30Score04; indep D01-D04;
model cnorm;  max 100; ngroups 3 ; order 2 2 2;
risk age tabac marital income surgery axilla ;
tcov PA01-PA04   imc01-imc04;
id id_group ;
run;

2- Do you have any idea ? when i put max 100.1 than max 100 (Qol going from 0 to 100) this convergence trouble  disapear and i can found trajectories.

Thanks for you help !!

2 REPLIES 2
tbnassau1
Calcite | Level 5

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue but a smaller sample size. Wondering if there is too much missingness in the tcov variable or if it's because of how tcov is distributed in the given trajectory groups??

greatdabon11
Calcite | Level 5

@yvon 

This must have been a long time, but I came across your post and wondered if you found a solution to your challenge. 

from what I know, the RISK variables need to be categorical for it to work. Have you tried creating dummy variables for the categories of age or simply create a binary variable out of your RISK variables?

Bon

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation