BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
El-Aura
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there! 

I'm trying to replicate a two-sample survival design using proc seqdesign. It has 2 stages (one interim at 73% of the information, one final at 100% information). One-sided alpha=0.025 power=0.835 (beta=0.165). O'Brien Fleming boundary will be implemented for efficacy and the Haybittle-Peto boundary will be implemented for futility. Assumed hazard ratio=0.58. Median survival time in the control arm is 42 months. Here're my codes:

ods graphics on;
proc seqdesign stopprob errspend boundaryscale=pvalue;
OneSidedOBFandHP: design alt=lower alpha=0.025 beta=0.165 nstages=2
method(reject)=obf method(accept)=hp(Z=0.489)
stop=both(betaboundary=nonbinding) info=cum(0.73 1);
model=twosamplesurvival (hazardratio=0.58 nullmedsurvtime=42);
ods output Boundary=Bnd_Time;
run;
ods graphics off;

But the results (stopping p-value boundaries) are not the same as the design I'm trying to replicate which has boundaries like:

El-Aura_0-1619470168871.png

A friend said that the problem is with "alt=lower" since for futility, alt should be "upper". But you can't specify two alts in seqdesign right? So is this the problem? How should I modify my codes to get the design I want to replicate (the screenshot above)? 

Many thanks!!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation