BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fkamkar
Calcite | Level 5

I need to match my dataset based on Marketcap , I used this code and I constantly get the error of "the support frgion does not exist.

proc psmatch data=propensity_scores region=cs;

class Nonover;

psmodel Nonover(treated='Yes')= overlap Marketcap;

match method=optimal(k=1) stat=lps caliper=0.25;

output out(obs=match)=outEx1 matchid=_matchID;

run;

here is the code I used .

is there anyone can help me please

3 REPLIES 3
JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
You might try REGION=ALLOBS and see if you get the same error message.
For details see post: https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/Support-region-error-message-propensity-score-...
MichaelL_SAS
SAS Employee

As noted in the thread @JosvanderVelden linked to, it is likely the case that there is no overlap between the predicted propensity score values. I believe PROC PSMATCH doesn't produces any output when this error is encountered, but you can check this by fitting the same propensity score model in PROC LOGISTIC and see investigate using the predictions it produces. I suspect PROC LOGISTIC will report some issues regarding complete/quasi-complete separation for these data.

fkamkar
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you very much for replying, is it possible if you can give me the whole code for Proc Logistic?  I tried it but still get errors 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation