BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
christine1
Calcite | Level 5

hello. 

i am running Proc Logistic on a dataset with 8 million observations. i am stratifying by calendar year (13 years. 2001-2013). the exposure and outcome are binary variables. i am adjusting by a propensity score (continuous number between 0 and 1. 9 decimal places)

proc logistic data=dsn;

strata calendarYear/ no summary;

model outcome (event = '1') = exposure ps / risklimits parmlabel;

run;

it is taking hours to run. any suggestions on what i can change to decrease processing time?

much gratitude.

christine

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

These would help for most SAS procs, but I'm not sure if they'll work for PROC LOGISTIC. 

1. Do you have an index on your data set? If not consider adding it by calendarYear

2. You're stratifying your analysis. Is it a true 'stratification' or do you need separate analysis for each year? If the latter, then use BY and/or split your analysis into multiple steps.

3. Drop any/all other variables in the DATA statement since they're not used.  

Ksharp
Super User

Not sure if it could work.

proc logistic data=dsn;
strata calendarYear/ no summary;
model outcome (event = '1') = exposure ps / fast risklimits parmlabel;
run;

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation