BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fengyuwuzu
Pyrite | Level 9

since SAS 9.2, the default CONFTYPE=LOGLOG in proc lifetest. 

if I want calculate BrookMeyer-Crowley confidence interval for the medial survival, must I set CONFTYPE = LINEAR? 

How do I know the confidence interval I got is Brookmeyer-Crowley CI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OsoGris
SAS Employee

The LIFETEST documentation under Details => Breslow, Fleming-Harrington and Kaplan-Meier Methods specifies that all the confidence intervals are based on Brookmeyer and Crowley.   Here is the paragraph from the documentation:

"Brookmeyer and Crowley (1982) have constructed the confidence interval for the median survival time based on the confidence interval for the S(t). The methodology is generalized to construct the confidence interval for the 100pth percentile based on a g-transformed confidence interval for S(t)  (Klein and Moeschberger 1997). You can use the CONFTYPE= option to specify the g-transformation. "

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OsoGris
SAS Employee

The LIFETEST documentation under Details => Breslow, Fleming-Harrington and Kaplan-Meier Methods specifies that all the confidence intervals are based on Brookmeyer and Crowley.   Here is the paragraph from the documentation:

"Brookmeyer and Crowley (1982) have constructed the confidence interval for the median survival time based on the confidence interval for the S(t). The methodology is generalized to construct the confidence interval for the 100pth percentile based on a g-transformed confidence interval for S(t)  (Klein and Moeschberger 1997). You can use the CONFTYPE= option to specify the g-transformation. "

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation