BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
hein68
Quartz | Level 8

Hello.  I'm trying to do different tables with proc tabulate where I have the first one on a page in portrait orientation, then the next one in landscape orientation, and then back to portrait orientation.

This is the code I am using for the first one in portrait orientation, followed by the error I'm getting.  Any help would be much appreciated.

ods graphics on;
56         ods RTF options (ID=EGRTF Orientation="Portrait");
                   _______           ___________
                   22                79
                   202               202
ERROR 22-322: Syntax error, expecting one of the following: ;, (, ANCHOR,
              AUTHOR, BASE, BODY, BOOKMARK, BOX_SIZING, CHARSET, CLOSE,
              COLUMNS, CONTENTS, CSSSTYLE, DATAPANEL, DOM, DPI, ENCODING,
              EXCLUDE, FILE, FONTSCALE, GFOOTNOTE, GTITLE, HOST, IMAGE_DPI,
              KEEPN, LSTPIPE, NEWFILE, NOCONTENTS, NOGFOOTNOTE, NOGTITLE,
              NOKEEPN, NOLSTPIPE, NOOUTLINE, NOTRKEEP, OPERATOR, OUTLINE,
              PACKAGE, PATH, RECORD_SEPARATOR, SAS, SASDATE, SELECT, SGE, SHOW,
              STARTPAGE, STYLE, TEXT, TITLE, TRANTAB, TRKEEP. 
ERROR 79-322: Expecting a ).
ERROR 202-322: The option or parameter is not recognized and will be ignored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ballardw
Super User

Please post log entries, especially with errors, into a code box opened using the forum's {I} to preserve text formatting.

The underscore characters indicate where SAS found something syntactically incorrect but the way you have posted the result the underscores do not align with problem. Generally the message windows on this forum will reformat text making the diagnostics hard to read.

I don't believe the OPTIONS ()option is available with ODS RTF but with ODS TAGSETS.RTF. I think that the (Id= ) would also go outside the OPTIONS ()

I am not sure it is possible to actually change the orientation within an ODS RTF with SAS options. You may need to insert RTF codes to set the start / end of a section and the RTF code for portrait/landscape. The option SECT= might help with that but I don't know the RTF codes needed.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Please post log entries, especially with errors, into a code box opened using the forum's {I} to preserve text formatting.

The underscore characters indicate where SAS found something syntactically incorrect but the way you have posted the result the underscores do not align with problem. Generally the message windows on this forum will reformat text making the diagnostics hard to read.

I don't believe the OPTIONS ()option is available with ODS RTF but with ODS TAGSETS.RTF. I think that the (Id= ) would also go outside the OPTIONS ()

I am not sure it is possible to actually change the orientation within an ODS RTF with SAS options. You may need to insert RTF codes to set the start / end of a section and the RTF code for portrait/landscape. The option SECT= might help with that but I don't know the RTF codes needed.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation