BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
superbibi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS users,

I am trying to use proc mixed to run repeated measurement analyses for 5 continuous outcomes comparing two independent groups. 

I am also want to do adjustment (such as Tukey) because I am testing several outcomes.  

How can I write the code using proc mixed procedure to achieve those objectives?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StatsMan
SAS Super FREQ

Are the observations correlated across the responses?  ie, did you measure the 5 outcomes on the same experimental unit, with units divided into two group?  A repeated measures model might work then.  You can use PROC GLIMMIX, fitting a separate mean to each level of response and you could compare the means using an LSMEANS statement with SLICEDIFF= and the appropriate ADJUST=.    

Something like

proc glimmix data=test;
   class group resp; 
   model y=group*resp;

random int / subject=id;
   lsmeans group*resp / slicediff=resp adjust=tukey;
run;

might work.  MIXED does not have the ability to adjust across only the sliced tests.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation