BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
karora1
Fluorite | Level 6

I was going to run a two sample ttest for a project i am working on that has 111 in one group and 121 in the other. However after exploring the data one of the groups appears to have a non-normal distribution. I wanted to run a man whitney non parametric test and discovered this code for SAS. 

proc NPAR1WAY data=IVPO_final wilcoxon;
	title "Nonparametric test to compare Age";
	class convert_total;
	var Age_on_Admission;
	exact wilcoxon;
   run;

However, when i run it i get the warning that it will take a lot of time and memory. I have yet to see the results of the analysis. Is there a better way to run this type of analysis or a different code to use. etc.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Go for Monte-Carlo estimation with

exact wilcoxon / MC;

PG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

Are you sure you need "exact" tests?

You might consider adding the option MAXTIME= such as

proc NPAR1WAY data=IVPO_final wilcoxon;
	title "Nonparametric test to compare Age";
	class convert_total;
	var Age_on_Admission;
	exact Wilcoxon /maxtime=60;
   run;

which will limit the exact test calculations to about 60 seconds and terminate if it takes much longer than that. So set a time limit you are comfortable with and take a coffee break or such.

PGStats
Opal | Level 21

Go for Monte-Carlo estimation with

exact wilcoxon / MC;

PG

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation