3 14 49 1
3 15 53 5
;

proc GLM data = have;
class SIRE DAM;
model WEIGHT IA_NUMBER = SIRE;
run;

This data set can be find in this book:

http://www.livrosabertos.sibi.usp.br/portaldelivrosUSP/catalog/view/162/147/713-1

The first two ANOVAS are easy to find, the problem is when the autor call the products of WEIGHT and IA_NUMBER, wich Analisys of CO-variance between  WEIGHT and IA_NUMBER  would be:

Variance Font Freedom degrees Product Sumatory Medium Product
Sire 2 25.5 12.75
Residual 12 114.9 9.58
Total 14 140.4  

This result appears in page 194 of the same book.

Thanks in advance for the tip.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Hi,

I'm not sure that I follow the question and I'm definitely not a statistician, but I can tell you that PROC GLM supports cross effects syntax like this:

proc GLM data = have;
class SIRE DAM;
model  SIRE= WEIGHT IA_NUMBER WEIGHT*IA_NUMBER;
run;

Maybe that helps?  If not, please post back with a more specific question and details of what you tried.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
jonatan_velarde
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

thanks for the answer, but it is not correct.

Sire and Dam are dependent variables, mean while weight ant ia_number are independent.

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

@jonatan_velarde - right, sorry about that.  I was just showing the cross effect syntax, not trying to solve (because that's above my skill).

Do you use SAS Studio (or SAS University Edition) or SAS Enterprise Guide?  Each of these has a Linear Models task that can generate the PROC GLM code for you, and it might be easier to locate the options you need. You can learn the syntax by allowing the task to help you with your choices.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
jonatan_velarde
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks again. I tried all ways modelling this GLM, but i couldnt find the propper model. I think that is because the sum of products and i can not make it in SAS. Manually, the example is so easy to solve, but unins SAS i had this problem.

Thanks again

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation