BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JA57
Calcite | Level 5

I'm a novice at statistics and SAS and need of some advice in analyzing greenhouse data.  I am testing the efficacy of a single biocontrol on a plant pathogen.  I have one plant per treatment and 5 treatments (including one positive and one negative control) per block with 6 blocks.  The treatments are applied two days before, the same day and two days after the pathogen.  The plants are inoculated in two locations on the stem and each site is rated for lesion length in millimeters at 7, 14 and 21 days after inoculation with the pathogen.   I also collected stem diameter on day 7 only and recorded stem softness for each lesion on each rating day.   The blocks and treatments were randomized.  The data doesn't pass the test for normality.  I have done a double multivariate repeated measure analysis by using PROC GLM and I have also averaged the lesion lengths by day and ran the data through a PROC GLM with repeated measures.  I think I should use a nonparametric analysis because my data isn't normally distributed and have wondered if the lesion lengths for each site on an EU are covariates.  I would really appreciate some help.      

SAS codes for the multivariate repeat measures analysis;

Proc glm data = SIB;

class block trt;

model t7m1 t14m1 t21m1

t7m2 t14m2 t21m2=trt / nouni;

repeated response 2 identity, time 3;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Please refer the following document from SAS documentation https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/statug/15.2/statug_glm_examples09.htm

on Analyzing a Doubly Multivariate Repeated Measures Design. Also, you may also want to include the Block factor in the model statement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee

Please refer the following document from SAS documentation https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/statug/15.2/statug_glm_examples09.htm

on Analyzing a Doubly Multivariate Repeated Measures Design. Also, you may also want to include the Block factor in the model statement.

JA57
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you. Would you recommend including block as a random factor?
gcjfernandez
SAS Employee
If you use GLM then treat Block as Fixed effects. If Fixed effects for BLK is not appropriate then you need to switch to PROC MIXED.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation