BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
wjbrady
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am running a GEE in proc genmod and would like to customize the plot that it can automatically produce using the 'effectplot' statement. I am running a model that has two continuous predictor and I would like to plot the interaction at 1 SD above and below the mean for the moderating variable, which in my case are at the values -.76 and +.76. The syntax I am using below will produce the plot I want, but I would like to edit the font, x axis limits, etc.

proc genmod data=data;
class idx;
model y = x z x*z   / dist=nb;
repeated subject=idx / type=ind covb corrw;
EFFECTPLOT slicefit (x = x sliceby = z = -.76 .76 ) / CLM;
run;

Thanks for the advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
The data used to create the EFFECTPLOT itself can be piped to a data set so you don't have to do additional calculations or restructuring of the data set and then using SGPLOT on that data set. It should save you at least a few steps with that approach. If this needs to be repeated at all this is the better option though ODS Graphics Designer does have some automation capabilities.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
You have two options, one is to save the graphics to a file and edit it with Designer tool. This is somewhat manual, somewhat automated.
https://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=grstatdesignug&docsetTarget=titlepage.htm&docsetVersion=9.4&...

A second is to pipe the data set to a data file and then recreate the plot using SGPLOT which allows you to customize everything you desire.

wjbrady
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, Reeza. I'll check out the first option. And for the second, to be clear you mean piping the *predicted* values dataset into a data file and then create the plot using SGPLOT?

Reeza
Super User
The data used to create the EFFECTPLOT itself can be piped to a data set so you don't have to do additional calculations or restructuring of the data set and then using SGPLOT on that data set. It should save you at least a few steps with that approach. If this needs to be repeated at all this is the better option though ODS Graphics Designer does have some automation capabilities.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation