BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

I've created a p-chart to monitor a binary variable on a quarterly basis. But I noticed a p-chart requires at least 20 data points. So, I've shifted to monthly reporting.

with this adjustment I have reduction in the # of obs per subgroup when moving from quarterly to monthly charts.

Could you please see the attached file and advise if the sample sizes per subgroup are adequate for generating a reliable p-chart?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

Are you asking how to make a chart in Excel? All I can see is screen shot of an Excel spreadsheet which doesn't tell me anything about how any graph is made.

If that is SAS output then show how you generate it in SAS, at least the code.

bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7
I used SAS not excel, I just reported in Excel. I don't have problem with SAS at this time,
I just asked my question here as I noticed some people worked with SPC chart and I hope to help me
ballardw
Super User

@bhr-q wrote:
I used SAS not excel, I just reported in Excel. I don't have problem with SAS at this time,
I just asked my question here as I noticed some people worked with SPC chart and I hope to help me

If you share your SAS code, if not your data or Log (hint), then you may get a better answer to your question. The options chosen for any procedure effect output.

bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7
I used the below code, but I am fine with the code, as you see in screen shot I created the p chart both monthly and quarterly(no error or warning) in SAS , just to be sure I want to know what is the min number per subgroup to be eligible to use P chart?
proc shewhart data=tmp21;
pchart yes_answer*month/Markers subgroupn = total_count ODSTITLE="P-chart of Pts with IV Set"
outtable = tmp21table
nohlabel TURNHLABELS;
LABEL yes_answer ="Prop of Pts with IV Set";
run;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation