BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
arisoziro
Calcite | Level 5

-Dataset file name; pa6

-Predictors; sedfive (0~4 categories) [meaning; sedentary behavior quantile, thus, getting sedentary from 0 to 4] (0;reference)

-dependent; htn (0~3 categories) [meaning; blood pressure normal (0;reference)-slightly high (1)-prehypertension(2)-hypertension(3)]

-I used the sas code below for above mentioned variables' relationships

proc logistic data=pa6;

class htn(ref="0") sedfive(ref="0") / param=ref;

model htn=sedfive / clodds=pl;

run; 

-then I got the output as attached.

-What does this output tell me? (How can I interpret it?)

-Do I have to use 'link=glogit' instead of 'clodds=pl'?

20200130_122029.jpg

1 REPLY 1
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Your response appears to be ordinal, so you probably do not want to use LINK=GLOGIT which would treat its levels as nominal (unordered). It is best to never specify the response in the CLASS statement. Instead use the response options immediately after the response variable in the MODEL statement. Whenever you have an ordinal response and you want to model the probability of higher response values, specify the DESCENDING response option (for example MODEL HTN(DESCENDING)=SEDFIVE; ). If you want to model the probability of lower response values, no response option is needed. ALWAYS look at the Response Profile table to see that the ordering of the levels is as desired. In your case, I suspect the Response Profile table shows that you are modeling the probability of lower response values. So, the odds ratio estimate labeled "sedfive 4 vs 0" (for example) means that the odds of a lower response value in the sedfive=4 level are 1.506 times the odds of a lower response value in the sedfive=0 level.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation