BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Lobbie wrote:

The only explanation I can think of i.e. as to why I do not need to specify PEVENT option contrary to the recommendation in the documentation is because I fitted the model using Weight statement.  All parameters are adjusted accordingly and are used to compute the CTABLE and P_1 probabilities in the scored dataset.  This is also the reason why I do not need to specify PRIOREVENT= in the score statement when scoring.

Hello again @Lobbie @StatDave @Ksharp 

The WEIGHT statement is not used for oversampling and correction of oversampling, is it? Or is that a use for the WEIGHT statement that I am not aware of?

I have always thought of the WEIGHT statement as it exists in every other PROC, if the weight variable equals 2, then this data point impacts the regression the same as if the data set had this data point twice with WEIGHT of 1.

--
Paige Miller
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, appropriate weighting based on the sampling is one way to adjust for oversampling as described in this note. Of course, the WEIGHT statement can also be used as in other procedures to apply differential weighting of the observations. 

Lobbie
Obsidian | Level 7

This definitely cleared the confusion I had in regards to the use of PEVENT. 

@StatDave .@PaigeMiller and @Ksharp , thank you for taking the time to answer this and the discussions.  much appreciated.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 in conversation