JoeyHuang
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I tried to run the following SurveyReg model:

Proc SurveyReg Data=Data1;

Cluster Year;

Model Y=X1  X2  X3  X4  Dummy1-Dummy500;

Ods Output EstimateCoef = MyParmEst;

Run; 

Dummy1-Dummy500 are included to control for fixed effects.

However, maybe due to the large number of dummies, the SAS log reports that the procedure is stopped due to insufficient memory.

If I use Proc Reg, I can use the following code to avoid the problem of insufficient memory:

Proc Reg Data=Data1 NoPrint Outest=Data2 Tableout;
Model Y=X1  X2  X3  Dummy1-Dummy500;
Run;

However, NoPrint is not allowed when Proc SurveyReg is used.

I wonder whether it is possible to have cluster and have many dummies in SAS at the same time,

and whether it is possible to avoid the problem of insufficient memory.

Hope the question is clear.

Thank you so much for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

The memory issue may be building all of the output tables in memory before the ods output can be displayed.

You might try the ODS Select statement to only select the EstimateCoef table for output before the proc statement.

I do agree that the lack of an OUTEST data set is a bottleneck and I don't even use 20 variable models.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Just a comment: PROC SURVEYREG supports the CLASS statement, so your code will probably be easier to read and maintain if you use classification variables instead of using dummy variables.

JoeyHuang
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

I will try it soon.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation