BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
koksiang100
Calcite | Level 5

In my case,dependent variable is my actual output n demand.... my independant variable is d time period(52 weeks).... am i on d right path ?

Ksharp
Super User

I don't know what to say. If I am right , independant variable or dependent variable is only for general linear model or mixed model . NOT for contingency table analysis . contingency table analysis  is only searching the association relationship between row variable(ACTUAL) and column variable(DEMAND) . Therefore, if you want see if they are difference in population mean value, useing mann-whitney test(i.e. wilcoxon-mann-whitney test)  --  proc npar1way + wilcoxon  option , check its example in sas documentation about proc npar1way .

And Hope Dr Steve could give you some constructive advice .

Xia Keshan

koksiang100
Calcite | Level 5

Mann-Whitney U Test in SPSS | Setup, Procedure & Interpretation

I had checked some info on mann whitney test. However i hipe you could giv me some advice on the article i paste above... in the article, assumption#2 mentioned innependant should consists of 2 categories which my independant data is time period ,do not have 2 categories.... can i still able to conduct this test ?

Ksharp
Super User

The point is what is your purpose ? Check if ACTUAL is statistical different with  DEMAND  ? OR if ACTUAL is increasing ,so DEMAND  is also increasing ?

The Mann-Whitney U test you talk about is just what I am talking about (i.e. wilcoxon-mann-whitney test).

Search npar1way at    support.sas.com  you will got tons of examples and documentation about it .

koksiang100
Calcite | Level 5

My point of purpose is actual is significantly different fron demand with the proof from statistical test.

O ok,i will go to check them out...

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation