BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

For proc logistic, can you look at specific levels of sensitivity?

For example:

proc logistic data = dataset;

by group;

model y = x / ctable;

roc "x" x;

run;

Ctable gives the classification table but is there a way I can see everything that gives me except with specific levels of sensitivity (70, 80, and 90%)?

4 REPLIES 4
PGStats
Opal | Level 21
model y = x / ctable pprob=(0.7 0.8 0.9);
PG
lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

It was my understanding that pprob specifies cutpoints.  Basically what I am trying to do is look at Sensitivity levels of 70%, 80%, and 90% as the cutpoints.

The exact wording of what I am working on requires me to "provide specificity for the following three levels of sensitivity: 70%, 80%, 90%"

Is there a way to do this?

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

It isn't possible to specify the sensitivity values to report in CTABLE results. The best you can do is specify a fine list of PPROB= values and see which cutpoints correspond to the desired sensitivity values. If the range of cutpoints that you see without PPROB= is, say, .3 to .7 then you could specify something like PPROB=(.3 to .7 by .05). Once you find the cutpoints that bracket the desired sensitivity values, then you can rerun with even finer PPROB= list to get what you want.

lbogar314
Obsidian | Level 7

Ah, thank you! That's what I ended up doing but was hoping there was a better way because my data is stratified into several different groups and I need the stats for each so it is a lot to look through.  Is there a different way to do it that I am not considering?

Thank you so much again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation