BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
snhd
Calcite | Level 5

Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.16.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-18 at 12.17.48 PM.png

Above are the tables and here are questions I am stuck at:

4. Which of the following statements is true?

a. The assumption for the chi-square test is violated since one cell has less than 10 observations and

Cramer’s V is 0.3703 indicating a median effect size.

b. Houses with less than two full bathrooms and houses with two or more full bathrooms are equally

likely of having a bonus.

c. The odds ratio of getting a bonus for homes with two or more full bathrooms when compared to

homes that have less than two full bathrooms that are not of above average quality is 64.5.

d. None of the above statements is true.

The solution says the answer is d, but I think c is true. Since the odds ratio in the last table says the odds ratio of not getting a bonus for column1 (homes without 2 or more baths) compared to column2 (homes with 2 or more baths) is 64.5 and that means the opposite: odds ratio of getting a bonus for column2 compared to column1 is also 64.5. Can someone explain me why c isn't true?

Also, another question I am stuck at is:

6. In assessing variable importance as it related to the variable, BONUS, the value of Worth for the variable, FULLBATH_2PLUS, is:

a. 67.75
b. 45.13

c. 78.42

d. 23.33

I know the formula for variable worth is -2log(p) but in case the p value is not specified as in the table above, (the p-value is p<0.0001) how do you answer the question? (The questions are not meant to use SAS program.) The answer for Q6 is a.

Thanks in advance!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation