BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
julie_AF
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

As part of a superiority trial, the hypotheses are as follows:

H0:PT = P0 ,
H1: PT > P0.
where PT and P0 denote the proportion of patients with alleviation in the treatment group (test medication, T) and in the placebo group (P), respectively.

I need to provide RRs for a 2x2 table with 95% confidence intervals (α = 0.05, one-sided).

I used this program:

Proc Freq data= table;
		Tables treat * outcome /  relrisk(sup) alpha = 0.025 cmh;
		output out=rout relrisk cmh;
	run;

Firstly, I'd like confirmation that my code is correct, and secondly, how to define 'margin':

RELRISK(sup margin=)

Indeed, by not defining a margin, it automatically sets it for me

Also, does the p-value obtained in the 'Superiority Analysis for the Relative Risk' table correspond to the RR p-value?

exemple.JPG

Finally, with the output, I can't obtain the values for the Superiority Analysis for the Relative Risk in a data file. Do you have a solution?

Thank you for your help.

Julie

1 REPLY 1
Ksharp
Super User

You are doing superiority/noninferiority test which indeed are one-sided test.

Ksharp_0-1686660432412.png

If you want more detail info check the attachment I posted.

About defining/selecting a margin,once you know the distribution of the difference between risk, you know how to do.

Check @Rick_SAS  very good blog .

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2023/03/01/distribution-difference-beta.html

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation