BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Amali6
Quartz | Level 8

Hello experts,

I am trying proc corr between two variables in my dataset, when i run the code i got this warning message in log.

WARNING: The scatter plot matrix with more than 5000 points has been suppressed. Use the PLOTS(MAXPOINTS= ) option in the PROC
         CORR statement to change or override the cutoff 

Again I have retried with this code  plots(MAXPOINTS=NONE);

i got a NOTE in log saying that    NOTE: The PLOTS option is ignored unless you also specify suboptions
Could you explain what does the log mean? and how to get the output in plots for my variables please?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelL_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for providing the example code, it makes diagnosing and describing what's going on much easier. 

In the code you provided no plot-request sub-option specified, and the note you see in the log indicates that no plots are produced unless a plot-request is specified. The description of the PLOTS= option in the PROC CORR documentation includes a description of the possible plot-request options you can make. The example code below should produce all of the appropriate plots:

proc corr data=hotel.Hotel_bookings plots(MAXPOINTS=NONE)=all;
var booking_changes adr;
run;

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ballardw
Super User

First thing, it is always a good idea to show the code you have submitted, or was generated. Best is to copy from the Log the entire procedure along with any notes, warning or errors . Copy the text and paste into a code box opened on the forum with the </> icon.

You have to tell what kind of plot such as Plots=matrix (options) or Plots=scatter(options)

The max points would go in the Options section

Amali6
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the following code.

proc corr data=hotel.Hotel_bookings plots(MAXPOINTS=NONE);
var booking_changes adr;
run;

NOTE: The PLOTS option is ignored unless you also specify suboptions

Could you please help on how to get the plots?
Thanks

MichaelL_SAS
SAS Employee

Thanks for providing the example code, it makes diagnosing and describing what's going on much easier. 

In the code you provided no plot-request sub-option specified, and the note you see in the log indicates that no plots are produced unless a plot-request is specified. The description of the PLOTS= option in the PROC CORR documentation includes a description of the possible plot-request options you can make. The example code below should produce all of the appropriate plots:

proc corr data=hotel.Hotel_bookings plots(MAXPOINTS=NONE)=all;
var booking_changes adr;
run;

Amali6
Quartz | Level 8
Thank you very much, with this code now i can see the output with all plots.
Could you please help for my other query that i have posted in this community regarding pmenu procedure? i associated my menu created through fsedit but the menu is not appearing so can i try another pmenu linking same dataset and procs using windows application?

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation