BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kc
Quartz | Level 8 kc
Quartz | Level 8

I am trying to simulate monotone and non-monotone missing data patterns on a repeated measures longitudinal dataset (with no missing values to begin with). For simplicity, lets assume 1000 observations (one record per subject), a group variable with 2 levels, with 4 repeated measures of an outcome variable.

https://blogs.sas.com/content/iml/2016/10/26/patterns-of-missing-data.html

I believe it's easy to simulate non-monotone missing data pattern using the example in the link above. And, in order to create monotone patterns, you can specify the patterns you need using a zero-one matrix and either use proc iml or data steps to get the end result.

I have the following questions - 

1. It would be helpful if someone can share a worked example/code out there that creates both monotone and non-monotone missing data patterns, and perhaps allows you to control the amount/rate of missing data for these different patterns.

2. Also, can we use a propensity score based model to create monotone missing data pattern for a dataset?

Any links/articles/code would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation